Benefits of Lemon on Skin and Hair
The benefits of lemon on skin is ample, and it’s why we add lemon to our goat milk tallow soap! Everyone knows that lemons are great for your body, providing Vitamin C and aiding in digestion, but what about your skin? Can you really lighten and improve your skin tone with lemons?
Benefits of Lemon on Skin: 5 Benefits of Lemon
Benefits of Lemon on Skin just doesn’t stop at brightening, which is what many people tend to think. Lemon is a citrus fruit that is packed with nutrients such as vitamin C and citric acid. These nutrients have various benefits for the skin, including:
1. Brightening the skin: The vitamin C in lemons helps to reduce dark spots and blemishes on the skin, giving it a brighter and more even appearance. Is lemon good for skin whitening? Whitening could be a strong word. We definitely feel like brightening is much more suited to describe our goat milk soap.
2. Exfoliating the skin: The citric acid in lemons acts as a natural exfoliant, removing dead skin cells and unclogging pores. We also add ACTUAL pieces of dried lemon to our goat milk soap, so you’ll feel the gentleness of real plants helping your skin feel smooth.
3. Helping prevent acne: The antibacterial properties of lemon juice can help to kill the bacteria that cause acne, reducing breakouts and preventing future ones.
4. Anti-aging benefits: The antioxidants in lemon can help to protect the skin from free radical damage, which can lead to premature aging.
5. Moisturizing the skin: The flavonoids in lemon can help to improve skin hydration, leaving it feeling soft and supple. This coupled with our hand rendered tallow makes your skin feel incredibly soft.
Are there any disadvantages to using lemon on your face or skin?
There could be, but we do not use fake lemon or strong scents. Our soap is mildly scented with lemon, but it is important to note that while lemon can have many benefits for the skin, it can also be harsh on some skin types, especially when used in high concentrations or when applied to sensitive skin. It is always a good idea to do a patch test before applying lemon to your skin, and to dilute it with water or other soothing ingredients like honey or aloe vera.
We often recommend trying our unscented goat milk soap first, if you have any hesitation about how your skin may react. We have many customers that use our soap that suffer from eczema and acne, and they have great results using any of our scents of goat milk soap.
Benefits of Lemon on Skin: How Does Lemon Lighten the Skin?
Because we add dried lemons to our goat milk soap, the citric acid acts as a natural exfoliant, helping to remove dead skin cells and reveal fresh, bright skin underneath. Learn more about the Benefits of Lemon on Skin and lightening:
The high levels of vitamin C in lemon can help to inhibit the production of melanin, the pigment that gives skin its color. By reducing the production of melanin, lemon can help to lighten dark spots and other hyperpigmentation.
Lemons also contain antioxidants, such as flavonoids and limonoids, which can help to protect the skin from free radical damage that can contribute to aging and other skin concerns.
When you use our goat milk soap with lemon, you’ll feel the lightness of our soap. No heavy chemicals or fake ingredients. Just what is needed to make a great bar of soap.
Benefits of Lemon on Hair
Don’t forget about your hair! Our Lavender Lemon Shampoo Bar is perfect for your hair, and here are some the benefits of adding lemon to your hair routine:
Promotes hair growth: Lemon juice is rich in vitamin C, which is essential for the production of collagen, a protein that helps to strengthen hair and promote healthy growth.
Can prevent dandruff: The acidic nature of lemon juice can help to balance the pH of the scalp and reduce the growth of yeast that can contribute to dandruff.
Clarifies hair: Lemon juice can act as a natural clarifier, helping to remove buildup from hair products and environmental pollutants, leaving hair feeling clean and fresh.
Lightens hair: The high levels of citric acid in lemon juice can help to strip away some of the color from hair, leading to a natural lightening effect.
Adds shine: Lemon juice can help to smooth the cuticle of the hair, making it look shinier and more lustrous.